Introduction and Announcements

  
New Original ! 
Aankhon ko - आँखों को

Older Compositions : Haule SeUdalin Thiriyaale , Choolena
Available in iTunes and Amazon !!

Learn Indian Classical Dance in Riyadh   !!

Monday, September 12, 2005

Audio post - Neeraaduvaan aalaap



This song "neeraaduvaan" by KJY is from the movie NakakshathangkaL. The composer of the movie - Bombay Ravi - is a true fan of raga mohanam. He tuned 3 songs in the same raga in that movie. A detailed writeup by me on Bombay Ravi adn thsi particular song can be found here:

http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/567.html


A year back when I was listening to this song, I was so inspired that I chose to give a raw try on the aalaap. That is what you hear today.

9 comments:

  1. Bombay Ravi is my fav too. Very good composer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Jo. His tunes have a long lasting impact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:19 AM

    Nice attempt MS.

    Your voice seems to strain at the higher reaches, must be the mic.

    Regards,
    Prem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prem:

    Mic is of course a very low quality. But really speaking, I sometimes suffer from a confusion : Open throated singing in the high notes or narrowed down singing ? These are 2 different schools of thought. I am more of a 'narrowing' singer. but occassionally when it is required I open up to sing such songs. My strain is more due ot he confusion between than any other factor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:42 AM

    is this yours MS. simply great. amazing. the voice is an amolgamation of KJY and SPB if am no exaggerating.

    SN

    ReplyDelete
  6. SN:

    Yes - I am same MS of tfmpage/dhool. Coufl you please tell me about you ? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Murali,
    I liked it a lot. Great aalapanai...!

    This is one of my favorite song.!!

    I thought you'd sing it fully.!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:38 PM

    Bombay ravis latest album mayookham wasn't that good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:17 AM

    like tumbler and tipsy days hopefully we will remain in high spirits. well, good day

    ReplyDelete