Introduction and Announcements

  
New Original ! 
Aankhon ko - आँखों को

Older Compositions : Haule SeUdalin Thiriyaale , Choolena
Available in iTunes and Amazon !!

Learn Indian Classical Dance in Riyadh   !!

Friday, September 09, 2005

Test audio post - theertha karaiyinilE

http://dhool.com/ms/jam/theertha.wav

Hi folks - this is a test audio post. The song is "theerththa karaiyinilE" recorded not in a very high quality. It was recorded almost 2-3 yrs back using goldwave. I cannot say I have sung the way SPB had sung in the original. I was causually singing /improvising.

5 comments:

  1. aaahhhhh...
    Bharathiyar at his best!
    Isnt it Varumaiyin Niram Sikappu?

    I dont know y Ilaya Raja made a mockery of it in "Ennaid Meenaachi" though. Oh dont tell me the occasion demanded it.

    Thanks for the song.

    By the way, do u happen to have any link to Kanimozhi's version of "Silappathikaram"? I dont know what it is called, but I saw the stage production.

    Thank u so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. kanimozhi's version of silappathikaaram ? theriyaliye.

    Ilamai oonjalaadugirathu songs though were composed by IR, have a distinct MSV flavor. theertha karaiyinile is from varumaiyin niram sigappu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely one. One of my all time fav songs. Nicely sung.

    Will really like to hear the high quality version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a quick note.
    "thakita thathimi thakita.."from Salangai Oli" thats a lovely song. If you havent.. will be nice to hear your rendition :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure. I will sing that once to find out how badly I perform against the original :)

    ReplyDelete