Introduction and Announcements

  
New Original ! 
Aankhon ko - आँखों को

Older Compositions : Haule SeUdalin Thiriyaale , Choolena
Available in iTunes and Amazon !!

Learn Indian Classical Dance in Riyadh   !!

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Audio post - oru paadalai pala raagaththil



This song finds a place in my SPB list. This was tuned by the composer - G. K. Venkatesh. To read about him and his wonderful compositions in detail, click the songs links in this page. Saravanan, the walking encyclopaedia of film music, has written wonderfully about the discography of GKV.

This song is from an obscure movie "malligai mohini". the song went equally obscure I believe. With people like Udhaya and Saravanan around, there is no dearth for "new" old song surprises. It went into my "to sing" list, the moment I heard it (may be a year or two back). I was given this link for the telugu version:





It has been sung by G. Anand - never heard of him - who has done a nice job too. Let me know how my attempt sounds.

12 comments:

  1. Came through Jo's blog. 'Oru padalai pala ragathil ' is sung well. I have never heard this song. You have a good voice. Keep up your good work. Also read the post about the controversial subject. A decent one. But cannot be seen with prejudiced thought. Hope you understand which post I meant. I liked the way you have answered the comments section. You seem to be matured. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Murali. I've listened to a lot of GK.V's song when I was in my teens.!

    The song 'Raagam Puthu Raagam - ini naalum paadalam' ..God..it brought back a lot of old memories.!! I used to love this song.!!

    Wasn't GK venkatesh IR's Guru??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Balaji:

    Thanks for dropping by. unga photos (especially that cow qustioning our ability to touch the nose with the tongue) super :) Ya..When I wrote that blog, I did not ever expect people to come with preconceived biases. But anyway part of life..

    Venkitu:

    Thanks. I think he is. At least it is widely said he is his guru. But how was he his guru - this I have never come to know. 'raagam puthuraagam' ? I have not heard this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely :)
    Needless to say anything more.. Beautiful song and nicely rendered murali.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Murali,

    I didn't get time to listen to all ur post(songs). Just listen to this old song. You did a real good job on this.

    As I said I want to listen all the oldies of SPB. here are few.

    1) padum pothu naan thendral katru
    2) Neethane endhan pon vasantham
    3) Panivilum malarvanam
    4) Ethu oru ponmali poluthu

    Yogi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Murali GKV pathiellam sonna younger generation pathi perukku theriyadhu, but it always good to know about other composers.
    btw I have a small audio clip and quiz in my blog, lets c if you can figure the rocker and the violinist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. super song.... neenga mail anupina song thaane ithu... needless to say... you have sung it wonderully..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yogi:

    thanks. will include your suggestions in the future.

    ganesh:

    paarththen. rock music kum enakkum sambandham illaiye..suththama jnaanam illai :)

    anand:

    thanks. adhe paattu dhaan idhu.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:47 AM

    Murali,

    Raagam pudhu raagam is the thamizh equivalent of "raagaa anuraagaa" a Kannada original by PBS (duet I believe).

    rajaG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice work Murali.

    So when was this recorded??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meera - thanks

    I recorded this the day before this post was created.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good voice was listening to it last two hours in middle of night and came across your Site. Good voice keep it up

    ReplyDelete