Introduction and Announcements

  
New Original ! 
Aankhon ko - आँखों को

Older Compositions : Haule SeUdalin Thiriyaale , Choolena
Available in iTunes and Amazon !!

Learn Indian Classical Dance in Sydney  !!

Friday, May 05, 2006

Ennai yaarendu enni

Song : ennai yaarendu
Film : paalum pazamum
MD: Viswanathan - Ramamoorthy
Singers: T.M.S, P.Susheela

Performed by : Murali

A friend of mine Naliniraj during a conversation asked me to sing some of her favorite songs which included some of Shri. T. M. Soundarrajan's numbers like "naan malarOdu thaniyiaaga", "ennai yaarendru". I was pleasantly surprised since I have NEVER been asked to sing any of this great singer's numbers. Also exempting "paattum naanE" and "chandrodhayam oru", I have never sung T. M. S numbers on stage.I told Nalini: "Nalini : If I sing his songs, the song will sound very different since my voice nowhere close to TMS". But Nalini insisted that it is fine to sing in my voice. In a burst of inspiration last week I picked this song up and sang.

I did not sit and listen to the original before snging this song. Whatever has been sung is from the previous listenings in the radio. I sang Susheela's portion too. The melody is just too good.