Introduction and Announcements

  
New Original ! 
Aankhon ko - आँखों को

Older Compositions : Haule SeUdalin Thiriyaale , Choolena
Available in iTunes and Amazon !!

Learn Indian Classical Dance in Sydney  !!

Monday, May 15, 2006

Kaatrinile varum geetham


I would call this an audacious effort bordering on blasphemy. This is a song which has been immortalized by the legend M.S. Subbulakshmi. MSS was the edifice of divnitiy. Had meera wanted to re-live, she would have chosen MSS's voice for rendering all her songs.

After recording a song for blogswara over a period of two days, my vocals had strained a lot. I rested myself against the chair and was enjoying the quiet night, the silence of which was interrupted only by the gentle breeze. This song popped in my mind from nowhere and wanted to sing. My friend naliniraj helped me locate the lyrics and I just sang with the shruthi.

Towards the end of the song, I had a few tears in my eyes, with my mind garbled by two thoughts. I am a devotee of Baby Krishna myself and the lyrics were moving me. Also the weight of the fact that the divine lady is not among us added more sorrow to my mind and I could not escape the tears.

This may not be my best rendition. The thoughts and the vocal strain have definitely distorted the song at a few places. But it certainly is one that came from my heart. You folks let me know if it is acceptable.