Introduction and Announcements

  
New Original ! 
Aankhon ko - आँखों को

Older Compositions : Haule SeUdalin Thiriyaale , Choolena
Available in iTunes and Amazon !!

Learn Indian Classical Dance in Riyadh   !!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Snake

I have seen a lot of snakes in my life, long, small, thin, fat..all. Cannot even keep a count of how many. CECRI - my undergrad college, was one place where I have seen so many of them. I have usually seen them in the night. Very rarely in day time. Not even once have I tried to kill them and somehow I never felt they were going to hurt me. Always ensured they passed and then I went on my way.


4 or 5 days back, I saw one in Columbia at 5:00 pm. I was on my way to get a sandwich from SUBWAY. The snake had come out of the nearby woods and was trying to enter the road through the sidewalk. It was probably 3-4 feet long. I stopped 5-6 feet from the snake. It was still. I thought it was dead. But then I saw it moving slowly. I have always seen snakes responding very quickly to vibrations. This was probably old or infirm. The traffic was just building up and death was written on the walls if it would attempt crossing.




In an attempt to save it from getting run over, I diverted the traffic standing a little away from the snake and fortunately it slowly understood the gravity and receded into the woods. I also took two pictures with my cellphone camera.

8 comments:

  1. Great work Murali! both this and the song with Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPCA wants you urgently.!!

    Eppa evvaLavu jeeva karuNyam!!!

    Way to go Murali. Traffic ellam divert panni..Hmm.!!!

    What is your sun Sign?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Murali:

    You deserve a "Good Samaritan" Award. Way to Go!

    Nalini.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe NV sir, ennavO thOnichu..senjEn. paavam..vayasaana paambunu nenakkairen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so thoughtful of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pambu kittayum Blessings vaangiteenga !!! Kadavul ullamey karunai illame !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:28 PM

    Here are some latest links to sites where I found some information: http://google-machine.info/3244.html or http://google-machine.info/2673.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being raised in Kerala, in a wooded estate with a lot of teakwood trees, I have seen my share of snakes..when it gets really got in summer, they sneak their way into the house, but have difficulty slithering through the mosaic floors..I know I should love all creature unequivocally but this one gets a loud scream from me whenever they stop by to say "hello"..
    Good job with your attempt to save the snake..be careful next time though, I almost got hit by a car behind me once when I slowed down to let a squirrel "cross" the road :)

    ReplyDelete