Introduction and Announcements

  
New Original ! 
Aankhon ko - आँखों को

Older Compositions : Haule SeUdalin Thiriyaale , Choolena
Available in iTunes and Amazon !!

Learn Indian Classical Dance in Riyadh   !!

Friday, June 30, 2006

Welcome Swati Kanitkar / Kaushidhwani to Audio-Blogging world

It is not only a pleasure but an honor to introduce Swati Kanitkar - my singer friend par excellence - to the audio blog world. I met Swati, also known as Kaushidhwani in yahoo music room long back.


http://swatimusic.blogspot.com

And a sample of her musical prowess from her expanding musical repertoire - Dayaghana is -presented here.

dayaghana -broadband



dayaghana -dialup



This is what I wrote about Swati on Orkut for her testimonial:

A voice that made me a composer way back in 2002. A singer par excellence. The sheer beauty of her mesmerizing delivery can render the listener spell-bound. Swati is one of those artists who one cannot come across everyday in life. Her command on akaar aalaap is so high that, it sometimes makes me hold my hands in a 'namaste' position in awe ! An artist who is always willing to work with new ideas. For all and sundry she is Swati. For me, she will always be Kaushiji.

Listening to Kaushiji in devotionals is a sublime experience akin to experiencing a divine interception in life. I can unabashedly say that I am a total pujari of her voice and that she is one of my two singing goddesses. (The other one is Deepa Sethuraman about whom I may write a blog in the future). I have also been fortunate to have her sing a composition of mine which I plan to release with complete orchestration. I think having Swati in our midst is a blessing. Had she not chosen to live in USA, I am sure she would have been picked by the best of music directors in Bombay and been catapulted to fame. Well, at least for once music directors were not lucky and we, the audiobloggers, are.

Please welcome Swati to our ever-expanding audio blog world. Kaushiji - I believe you can infuse some fresh spirit in our already bubbly audioblogging world. It is a privilege to have you among us.

22 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful rendition! This goes straight to my fav list. I just heard the songs from Swati's audioblog, but this one tops them all. Such a bhaavam and layam... I keep playing the song again and again.

    And one thing, I think the special effects missing in between. Sometimes come with echo and sometimes plain. Was that intentional?

    It is indeed a privilege to have you here in the audio-blogsphere Swati!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aweeeesome !!!
    Murali, thanks for introducing such a great singer through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was awesome... great to see such a wonderful singer.. thanks murali... btw. Welcome Kaushiji....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more I Listen to it, the more I'm getting addicted to her songs.

    I'm @ complete loss of words.

    Eager to listen to the Orchestrated version of Barse !!

    Cheers,
    Barani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Divine... No other word!!!

    Touches a chord deep down, and I as an amateur would be blessed if I can express 10% of this divinity in this lifetime (-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:13 PM

    so much encapsulation!! indeed an artist of highest calibre.

    There is so much difference between, this one and other songs of her. Maybe others are old renditions. Totally classic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really fantastic & marvelous song.
    Very nice collection.

    Amit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!!!!! really i fall in depth... the way it's been transformed from "Rasulallah....to Daya ghana" ultimate!!!! aisa lagta hai..bar bar suno...aur dub jao.... thanx swati ji u r gr8... wish to listen some more marathi compositions...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ultimate.......is what I can remark on ur effort. This song is very very difficult to sing being very low pitched & controlled slow "Laya"!! A difference in male (Suresh Wadkar) voice seems to be the only distingusing point otherwise u have sung it really well. My hearty compliments & best wishes to u!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. can someone please do me a great favour and email me this Rasulallah bandish. Please please. I listen Hridaynath singing this bandish each time I go to his Bhavsargam concert. I have been searching like mad for so many years for the original bandish, but i just could not find it. Swati can you please do me a huge favour, I will never forget your favour. I really beg you to please provide me the original bandish, please. my email address is prashant.galt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swati.. Khoop Surel aahe.. expression hi khoop chhan aahe.. Donhi additions avadalya... Well done.. keep it up..
    Can you let me know -1 Track (Karaoke) kuthun milala ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. cudnt wait to post the comment even before the music started ... GOSH ! DUDE ! PLEASE SEND HER TO BOMBAY ... SHE NEEDS TO BE CATAPULTED TO FAME BHAI !! .. shes magical ... AWESOME !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can i get this track of Rasoolallah...? if yes please let me know where i can find it on web... or please mail it to me on chaatak2007@yahoo.com
    Thanks in anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:44 AM

    1st of all murali u look v.handsome ;-) nice photo :)
    Raag Shree Rasoolalaah....rendition by Swati is good. Higher Note of Swati is a bit Khaddha..n the taan needs to be put up a well, not in excitement, the word Ghana needs to be sung still well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you anonymous. I shall pass your words to Swati.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so so much for the rasoolalaah...was looking for it for months...
    God bless
    Cheers
    Abhishek

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous12:15 PM

    the 1st part of the comment was 4u so do not pass it 2 swati ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tried playing hipcast for Dayaghana. Not Possible. am a big faan of Ms. Kanitkar

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous3:56 PM

    Again a gentle post. Offer your friend

    ReplyDelete
  20. Saurabh11:36 PM

    It's not there anymore. Can you please upload it again?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am a great fan of this song Dayaghana Murli pls let me know how I can download this song

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous4:39 AM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCE3W54AgSE&feature=related

    I was looking for swati and found this website. But for you music lovers this might be interesting too.. I was gonna send this to her.. but if any of you are in touch with her .. send that link to her please... say its a cocky bastard she knew a while ago ; ) she will understand

    ReplyDelete