Introduction and Announcements

  
New Original ! 
Aankhon ko - आँखों को

Older Compositions : Haule SeUdalin Thiriyaale , Choolena
Available in iTunes and Amazon !!

Learn Indian Classical Dance in Riyadh   !!

Friday, August 18, 2006

viziyil vizundhu - Meera, Pradip and Myself




It was in April that Poorni released a beautifully sung version of "viziyil vizundhu" in her blog. Not one to be easily lured into making a karaoke, I was simply compelled involuntarily into making a Karaoke track the same day in an effort to support her beautiful rendition. I had earlier used ghatam tone in the song Sendhaamarai. I wanted to see how to use Mrudangam tone in songs. This was a good song to experiment. I imagined bluebyrd's voice to provide the basal male voice and poorni doing the lady portion. Somehow the logistics did not work out and the karaoke just remained idle.

Later when talking to Meera, I came to know she was interested in singing this song. We asked Jo and he agreed. But it had to wait once again due to blogswara and sundry work. Finally Meera found time to work on the song and asked me to do the male vocals. Then came the biggest hurdle - She had reduced the scale further ! Both Jo and I struggle with the delivery of base notes yet and I said to Meera:

"At this pitch there is only one person who can sing flawlessly. And that is Pradip. If I sing it will more like a buffalo yawning"

And I am happy I realized it. Pradip's singing though minimal is like an icing on the cake that is Meera's voice. Listen to this beautiful version of Viziyil Vizundhu by Pradip and Meera

Vizhiyil Vizhundhu


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning it on your blog Murali.

    Pradip's voice indeed fits like a T :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:27 PM

    Hey Murali,

    Wonderful!!! Awesome track.
    Didn't know you made karaoke tracks !!! ;o)

    Absolutely beautiful singing by Meera & Pradip. Though we could not understand the song, we enjoyed it a lot. Recording quality was just great, very similar to studio recording.

    Good job guys!!
    Akshata & Pulikeshi

    ReplyDelete
  3. his is one of my favorite songs. Fell for it the very first time I listened to it ! Don't know if it was the tune or the singing or the words.
    ==
    Meera has come back with a bang. Wonderfully sung. Ably supported by Pradip ( Better than IR IMHO).

    Very nice Karaoke Murali ( one observation - The Mridangam sound lacks base!)

    Thank you for a great song Pradip /Meera / Murali.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:28 AM

    Murali, First of all, thanks for your compliments for my version of Vizhiyil Vilundu.
    And sorry that I wasn't able to sing this song with the karoake track. Am planning to buy a better recording software soon, so that I dont miss out singing songs with the karoake track.
    And I really enjoyed listening to this song in Meera's voice.
    Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Murali,
    I just finished listening to the track , thought let you know how much I enjoyed the track. As I mentioned in Meera's blog
    This is one wonderful karaoke mix, the hard work you have put in this track clearly shows in its wonderful quality. The bass runs, chord progressions everything was perfect. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meera: Excellent Rendition !Wonderful Bhaavam !! I especially loved the mellowing down at the end.
    "Kalvi Karka " and " Enakku Mattum Sondam" stanzas require a special mention.

    Pradip: You were terrific in your cameo .. Good effort at imitating IR . I found your version better. Wish IR could listen to this & not to forget Fundu Mixing !!

    Murali.. Kalakkitteenga.. Super orchestration !! Guitar and Mridangam effects chance illa !! Koodiya seekkaram Motif use panni thani aavardhanathoda kutcheriye panniduveengannu nenaikkaren !! :)

    Star studded team --- Great Team work -- !! KUDOS !!

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:10 PM

    I wish you can resurrect all the Raja songs where he has sung. He used to compose nice tunes and spoil it by singing it himself. Nice effort by you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Murali, I know that it's not proper to comment on each other in a group work, but as again and again I hear the karaoke track of yours, my urge to break this norm has overtaken me!
    Just want to tell you in one word.
    EXCELLENT WORK! The chord progression and guitar tones are too good to be true. Hope you keep this standard and do not take a u turn with some weird work! (happens to all geniuses....sometimes they produce gems and sometimes deserve the stick) So do not be a genius....I want this consistency from you always!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks everybody. I will be introducing another artist soon who's karaokes are like the vedic guidelines in music life. In comparison, my efforts are just simple, scaled down versions of the original. I am happy that all of you could enjoy despite the simplifications.

    Pradip - That is quite a threat ! I dont think I can be genial ever, but I will strive to work hard to make some music which people won't abhor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:56 PM

    Good effort.. Funny lyrics though.
    "Nee malligai poovai soodikkondal rojavukku kaichal varum" seems like a prose :-( Also goes astray from intended Santham.

    Wonder how Vairamuthu became a superior (Kavi perarasu) over Kannadasan (Kavi arasu)...

    This song tells why Raaja will always remain genius for creativity. Wonderful base work and melody!!

    Thamizh Maran

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:01 PM

    Hi Murali!

    Really Nice, I Love that song "Pothivaicha Mallikai Mottu" Itz Really Cool, Congrats...

    Further more i need to talk to u regarding some other issues, can i have ur email address plss..

    Pls visit our site, i dnt want to use ur blog to seek publicity for our site, even though i need to convey my msg.

    if possible mail me on info@wtruk.com our site is www.wtruk.com. lookin fwd ur mail.

    Best of Luck
    Regards
    Rajesh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent! Excellent! Murali you are doing a great job of bringing in great musicians and singer together in the world of blogging. Million thanks for your efforts among your studies. Meera and Pradip have rendered so well, flawless. Hats off to all of you.

    ReplyDelete