Introduction and Announcements

  
New Original ! 
Aankhon ko - आँखों को

Older Compositions : Haule SeUdalin Thiriyaale , Choolena
Available in iTunes and Amazon !!

Learn Indian Classical Dance in Riyadh   !!

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Post Doc at Lawrence Berkeley - CSIRO



I have been appointed as a joint postdoc at CSIRO (Melbourne) and Lawrence Berkeley National Lab (Berkeley). 2008 has opened promisingly with opportunities to work at the highest level in two different countries. I am going to need a lot of luck and loads of persisitence to end up successful.

I will be leaving for Melbourne on 9th of Jan 2008 and will be back in Berkeley in May 2008 for three months. Following that, I will once again be packing for Melbourne. It is a pain enduring the jet-lags, but why complain if opportunities are great ?!

I thank both my advisors to have kindly allowed to let me work this way to gain invaluable experience.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Murali!

    I am very happy that you are making it to the big league !

    May all your ambitions come true this year! God Bless you with good Health and Prosperity! Happy 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Melbourne. There are plenty of music lovers here. There are a few light music groups as well as classical music groups. Mohan Krishnamurthy also in CSIRO is fully involved in the music scene.

    Please contact me if you need any assistance or information in Melbourne

    Nirmala Chakravarthi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Congratulations and all the best in all your future endeavors...i am one among the person who enjoys the beneficiary of all your collections ....thanks and keep on posting....
    bye
    Nalin

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey murali congratulations! wishing you all the success you deserve. hope to see this space updated with some music soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Murali,

    Hope you have reached safely, i know it is been a while, but what to do I went to India during X-mas. So how is the new place treating you. I am very happy for you man. Please be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:09 PM

    Murali. May I add my congratulations and best wishes to the many others i am sure you have received. Am really happy for you. I remember the days when we'd hang out with you strumming and singing "ilaya nila" or playing racquetball.

    Rahul

    ReplyDelete
  7. I write to thank you for sharing the anecdote (though unsure of veracity, as you point out) involving Pandit Ajoy and IR in Sindhuja's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to thank all of you who have wished me well. Given the rigors of the two jobs, music has pretty much become non-existent. I think it arise from its slumber probably after a year.

    ReplyDelete