Introduction and Announcements

  
New Original ! 
Aankhon ko - आँखों को

Older Compositions : Haule SeUdalin Thiriyaale , Choolena
Available in iTunes and Amazon !!

Learn Indian Classical Dance in Riyadh   !!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Kudos Kaumudee ! Thank you Ayush !



With Kaumudee




With Ayush - Meera's son at Kaumudee's concert.




Ayush silencing me in a humbling gesture of affection .


Audio bloggers may be familiar with Kaumudee Torsekar. Kaumudee and I have been friends for almost 7 years and the first chance to meet Kaumudee happened to be at R. D. Burman Show in the Bay Area and what a show it was ! Kaumu stood out as an outstanding talent among the singers and Kishmu and Nagaraj amped up with theri brilliant keyboard play.

Some of the songs Kaumu sang included "Aaja ..aah aha aaja" and "Monica my darling". I can confidently say that off all the singer friends I have seen till date on stage, Kaumu was the most outstanding in all aspects. Choice of song, expressiveness, staying tuned in shruti and presenting the song with the energy that the song originally intended to have. Meera' family and I were in the audience and both Meera and I were clapping so much that our palms started feeling the heat. Although the other singers did a reasonable job, I preferred babysitting Ayush when they sang and certainly that was infinitely more exciting :)

Kaumu - You are a star and I am honored to be your friend !

5 comments:

  1. I don't know if I deserve all your awesome kudos, but thank you. I put a lot of work into this show and it apparently showed. Thank you for promoting the heck out of me Mur :-) Love ya !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murali,

    I am here after long time. I hope you remember me. I read your posts regarding Susheela amma and the way you organised in one go. I enjoyed those videos thoroughly and used to comment now and then. I have been reading your posts regularly. I would like to mention that your looks are changing. Did anyone mention it to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Balaji, I sure remember you. And ya, as I age, the looks are changing. May be it is time to change the profile picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't agree more with Murali. Kaumudee, you were awesome, probably one of the best I have ever heard on stage till date..

    I am really looking fwd for your programs in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Meera, you are embarrassing me. Thank you for your sweetness and kind words. I'm glad at least via Murali we finally got to meet. All the best at the show this weekend.

    ReplyDelete