Introduction and Announcements

  
New Original ! 
Aankhon ko - आँखों को

Older Compositions : Haule SeUdalin Thiriyaale , Choolena
Available in iTunes and Amazon !!

Learn Indian Classical Dance in Riyadh   !!

Friday, April 04, 2008

My 7 Idols - Composers

I am an amateur musician with no formal training.

That means all the musicians I enjoy compositions of, are my gurus. However, there are a handful from who I would learn the most, be it indoctrinated listening or a natural affinity to a style that is compatible with my character and ability.

I call these masters my "Idols". In this series I intend to talk about the 7 composing idols that I learn a lot from and have been influenced by in my simple musical exercises. Note that, this page is NOT a verdict on these composers but a sincere attempt to explain how they appeal to me, influence me and the aspects that I look to learn from them.

The 7 idols are:

  1. M. S. Viswanathan (MSV)

  2. Ilaiyaraja (IR)

  3. Raveendran

  4. Vidyasagar (VS)

  5. A. R. Rehman (ARR)

  6. Hrudayanath Mangeshkar (HM)

  7. Sharath
Honorable Mentions : Madanmohan and Salil Choudhary

This article starts with Sharath. Please stay tuned for the series.

10 comments:

  1. Nanba...passing through. super blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Murali Chetta :-),
    This is Arun. You mentioned it correct yar. They are the maestros in Music. We have lot many things to learn from them, their works, the way they developed their exceptional songs etc...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enna stay tuned sollittu, kaanaamal poivittai Doc?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. konjam tuning problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb voice...
    Be Blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Murali...when can we hear your voice again? Please do not rust your voice...Start posting again...there is a general lull in our audio blogging world...swati, divya, mrali(ram) all those great voices are silent...donno why..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Pradip,

    I will certainly post something very soon. I have been enjoying composing so much that singing has taken a back seat. And I shall sincerely take your advice of not letting my voice rust.

    Yes..I have also been noticing that people have either become busy or uninterested in pursuing their audio-blogs. I have been working on some compositions and also some writeups on composers. You will soon see a writeup on Sharath here.

    Thanks for your kind advice and awakening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:02 AM

    what sir..sharath pathi solreneenga padhileye vituteengo...
    Pls continue..then I saw your esnips..pls check your links whether they contain the tracks..For the hindi karaoke link,ther r no tracks in that link..n similarly for other links.pls check out that one.I am very badly in need of some songs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi murali,this is regarding the karaokes in esnips.some of your links doesnt have tracks.Infact all those are empty.Pls check that out so that it will useful for the ones who are searching for karaokes like me.I found this one when i was searching for some song tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi anon:

    The writeup on Sharath is ready. Will be published this week in dhool and here.

    Hi isai:

    It is next to impossible for me to monitor the files in esnips. I uploaded them en masse when esnips was lenient about file uploads. Sorry for any inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete