Introduction and Announcements

  
New Original ! 
Aankhon ko - आँखों को

Older Compositions : Haule SeUdalin Thiriyaale , Choolena
Available in iTunes and Amazon !!

Learn Indian Classical Dance in Riyadh   !!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Welcome Yamaha Motif ES !


After the debacle I had at Ebay, I was wondering if I should not buy the Keyboard that I have been desiring all along ! But I told myself, I shall persist and buy this provided a good deal with financing option is available. I have never felt so much rush of blood in me to buy a Keyboard. After all, I could wait for 10 yrs ! I probably could have waited more. But given the amount of composing that I have done in the past 3 years, I just could not wait any more but buy a mini home studio for myself. After considerable amount of study, I decided to go with MOTIF ES 6 - the hottest music workstation in the market. With many sites praising it sky high, the independent reviewers also giving a perfect 10, I just could not buy any other synth including the trusted
Korg Triton.

After negotiating with
http://music123.com for a deal of $2438 dollars to be paid interest free over 12 months, I acquired the following gear:

==============================================

(1) Yamaha Motif ES 6 - mother of all synths in the market
(2) Yamaha mLAN16E - firewire audio itnerface
(3) PLG100VH - a vocal harmonizer
(4) MOTIF 6 Gig Bag
(5) Super Deluxe Keyboard Bag
(6) ATH-M20 closed-back studio headphones
(7) The Complete Guide to the Motif ES DVD
(8) YKA7000 Stand

(9) Tripod Boom Mic Stand
(10) FC4 Piano Style Sustain Pedal
(11) AKG - D880M - microphone
(12) Microphone Cable
(13) Lo Z to Hi Z adaptor
(14) Pop Filter

Total = $2478 (free shipping) + 12 months interest-free financing.

===============================================

It weighs a whopping 47 lbs ! Hence it has been nicnamed MOTI (means fat girl in hindi). Moving this keyboard, packing and unpacking - all seem backbreaking.

I have repeatedly been told that this Keybaord is a monster. There can be no excuse now regarding the non-availability of options to produce good music except.....

..thesis defense / graduation :)

13 comments:

  1. Congrats murali
    Looking forward to some neat music from you now ;)
    What about sequencer
    protools or cakewalksonar ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Murali.

    Very impressive list.

    What is the vocal harmonizer used for ?

    Now that you have a dynamic mic, you'll have to re-record your previous songs, so that we can hear it loud and clear.


    Ganesh - I believe ES6 comes bundled with a PC based sequencer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MS,
    So you got yourself a fat white girlfriend (moti) after all!

    mavanE sIkkiram padippai mudi, kachchEri kAththirukku

    ReplyDelete
  4. ganesh:

    Yamaha recommends Steinberg cubase SX 3. I think I am going to buy that mstly.

    Prem:

    No it does not. It comes with a hardware sequencer.

    udhaya:

    Ya..I am putting every second in finishing thesis. The motif came, I played for 1 hr and it went back to its box. It will remin dormant at least for 1.5 months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, boss! Looking forward to more of your works with this. :-)

    [PS: A new song is being written by a mallu blogger. I will send in the details after she finish it up.]

    ReplyDelete
  6. jo:

    looking forward to the song man. Yes, once thesis defense is over composing will be in full speed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:28 PM

    kalakunga MS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with that Murali. I am sure we are going to hear some amazing sounds from that instrument in the next few months.!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Murali,
    Can you please contact me via email? I'd like for you to compose a song ! I've posted the lyrics and JO/Prem Abraham / Ambi have done a great job.

    I was talking to JO last night and he requested me to get in touch with you. So..Please contact me..or go my blog or JO's blog and take over from there.!

    We'd love to hear this song from you ( your own compostion).

    Thank you
    Narayanan
    specialdosa at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi nandu@gumbals:

    I have not even touched this piece of beuaty after it had come home. I am hoping to play it once life is settled.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:13 AM

    Well done!
    [url=http://jhjlnooa.com/ltlh/adxk.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://mvfgtlzj.com/fvxp/zjvd.html]Cool site[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:15 AM

    Great work!
    http://jhjlnooa.com/ltlh/adxk.html | http://vjmmhdqa.com/deua/wbfw.html

    ReplyDelete