Introduction and Announcements

  
New Original ! 
Aankhon ko - आँखों को

Older Compositions : Haule SeUdalin Thiriyaale , Choolena
Available in iTunes and Amazon !!

Learn Indian Classical Dance in Sydney  !!

Friday, October 05, 2007

Kalyaana thenila - With Rashmi Nair

Song : KalyaaNa thenila
Movie : Mounam Sammadham
Singers : K. J. Yesudas, Chitra
Lyrics: Pulmaippiththan
Composer : Ilaiyraja


Performed by : Murali Venkatraman, Rashmi Nair






Few days back, I received a blog-update from Jo saying that there is a new singer by name Rashmi Nair. Jo has been instrumental in bringing to light so many new talents and I always listen to his recommendations. Rashmi proved to be another very good find. She had sung KalyaaNa thEn nilaa in her blog all by herself and it was beatiful rendition. Hence, I asked her to send me the voice track and karaoke without telling her what I was planning.

I cut out the portions of Rashmi which were originally sung by KJY and I sang them. When I sent it to her, she was surprised that I did it. So here it is - a duet version of KalyaaNa thEnila.

The song is self-evident in compositional, lyrical and renditional (of KJY, Chitra)beauty and hardly needs an explanation. I did attempt a couple of improvisations. Please let us know how you feel.