Introduction and Announcements

  
New Original ! 
Aankhon ko - आँखों को

Older Compositions : Haule SeUdalin Thiriyaale , Choolena
Available in iTunes and Amazon !!

Learn Indian Classical Dance in Riyadh   !!

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Audio post - My compositions -1 - IsainaadiyE

I have been composing for almost three years. As many as 200 songs have been composed and sitting pretty to be released as an album. I shall write later about some of the nice experiences that I have had in this process of composing. Today, I am presenting here, a song composed by me with the lyrics of Udhaya in a classical mode in raga hindholam.

The song:
---------

this is an audio post - click to play

The file is in real media format. I am not formally trained in classical. Hence my rendition is sketchy. Carnatic jambawans - please pardon :-)

The making:
-------------

This pallavi and charanam 1 were pre-written by Udhaya which I set to tune. I needed one more charanam to "culminate" and Udhaya came up with brilliant lyrics for a tune I gave for second charanam. I feel extremely good to see such beautiful tamil and I am honored in every sense to have Udhaya's beautiful lyrics to sing/compose. Sometimes the usage of tamil is so impactful that it hardly gets out of my mind thereby hindering my concentration in other worldly chores. Thanks Udhaya. Pass your comments freely folks.

Lyrics:
-------

இசை நாடியே இங்கு உனக்காகத் துடிக்கும்
உயிர்காற்றைச் சுரக்கும்
விழிநீரை உகுக்கும்
முகமிங்கு அகமங்கு
அறிவால் அறிவாய்
உடலால் பிரிவாய்
எனை தினம் தொடர்ந்திடு நிழலென

சரணம் 1:
=======
கலையாலே கிடைத்தாய் வரம் கொடுத்து எடுத்தாய்
சுய நினைவின் திசை மாற்ற மது ரசம் வசம் இருந்தேன்
வழிவகுத்துக் கொடுத்தாய்
கலையை விட உயர்ந்து நின்றாய்
கலையினும் உயர்ந்தாய் கலைஞனுக்குயர் தாய்
சேய் என்று அழ நான் நன்றி சொல்ல
கரை தோய்ந்த குறை மறந்து திரை எடம்மா

ma,ga,ma ,mdmgmdm ga,ga,ga, gamadam
sa,sa,n#s ga,ga,sg mama ;; mama ;gm
dada dndm gada dndm SGMGSGSn Sndni mdn
sn# gs mg dm nd Sn GS nS
sssdad mgma Snd mdn

(இசைநாடியே)

சரணம் 2:
=======
ஆகாயமே ஒளியில் மலர்ந்திடினும் மேகம் கதிரை மறைக்கும்
சாமானியனின் கலைச் சரிவினிலும் கலையின் சாரம் தவிக்கும்
ஆதார ஷ்ருதி அந்து போனதடி அன்று உன்னைப் பிரிந்து
ஆவேச நிலை இன்று போனதடி உந்தன் வருகை தெரிந்து
பருகிடப் பெருகும் அமுத சுரபி
கலைஞனின் மனதில் இசை எனும் அருவி
காணாத இன்பமேது கலையின் மடிமீது வாழும்போது
காட்டாறு கலையின் பாதை கருணை என்றென்றும் காட்டிடாது
கானம் போயும் ஒரு வித மானம் போயும்
என்னைக் காப்பாற்றிட வந்தாயே

The transliterated version is here:

Pallavi:
=======

isainaadiyae ingu
unakkaaga thudikkum
uyirkaatraich churakkum
vizineerai uthirkkum
mugam ingu agam angu
arivaal aRivaai
udalaal pirivaai
enai thinam thodarndhiru nizalena
isainaadiyae

Charanam 1:
===========

kalaiyaalE kidaiththaai varam koduththu eduththaai
suya ninaivin thisai maatra madhurasam vasam irundhEn

vazhivaguththu koduththaai kalaiyai vida uyarndhu nindraai
kalaiyinum uyarndhaai kalaingyanukku uyar thaai

sEy endru azha
naan nandri solla

karai thOyndha kurai maRandhu thirai edammaa

ma,ga,ma ,mdmgmdm ga,ga,ga, gamadam
sa,sa,n#s ga,ga,sg mama ;; mama ;gm
dada dndm gada dndm SGMGSGSn Sndni mdn
sn# gs mg dm nd Sn GS nS
sssdad mgma Snd mdn

Charanam 2:
===========

aagaayamae oLiyil malarndhidinum mEgam kadhirai maRaikkum
saamaaniyanin kalaich chaRivinilum kalayin saaram thavikkum
aadhaara sruthi andhu pOnadhadi andRu unnaip piRindhu
aavaesa nilai indRu pOnadhadi undhan varugai therindhu

parugidap perugum amudha surabi
kalaingyanin manadhil isai enum aruvi

kaaNaadha inbamaedhu kalayin madimeethu vaazhumbOdhu
kaattaaru kalayin paadhai karunai endRendrum kaattidaathu

gaanam poyum endhan maanam poyum ennaik
kaappaatRida vandhaayae

10 comments:

  1. 1. Given the fact that it is a pre-written lyric, it is good one.
    2. The bad audio quality holds back the finer nuances, which otherwise would have added value.
    3. The swarams at the end of the first Charanam is good.
    4. Sounds a little too fast. The melody I was expecting in a ragam like Hindolam is lost because of this.
    Keep it up. Upload more.
    I've taken the liberty to compose a tune for your Kannan song.
    Will send it to you sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi prem,

    nice insights. ya, even I dont know why I sang at such a breakneck speed :) I think I composed it for a high energy dance kinda situation.

    Please send me your tune. It will be nice to know how you have perceived it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Murali,
    Superb..Superb Superb. You have a nice voice. Superb song well written and well rendered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pardon my 2nd comment. I read that you are not trained in carnatic music. Wondering how you'll be with some training.!!

    Way to go my friend. hats off to you.!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Venkitu:

    Thanks :) Carnatic education illai - May be I can get better with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:30 AM

    mortgage articles for refinance mortgage home loans

    ReplyDelete
  7. murali.. i cannot believe you do not have carnatic education... you are rocking man... I enjoyed your song very much... came here from NV sir blog... nice to hear yout voice... keep it up...

    Which software are you using for recording? I have used cool edit pro (recommended by Jo) which works very fine.. Your song would be more beautiful if you record in that i guess.... just a suggestion.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Murali, I somehow missed this blog. Very good composition...was reminded of "Sridevi En Vazhvil Arul Seyya Vaa.." (IlamaiKolam). That song is my all time favorite. Hindolam, right?
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi murali
    just listened to ur song.. its great. Very nice melody. romba nalla irundhudhu .. good work. clarity is one thing missing here. Otherwise its good.
    Cheers
    Praveen

    ReplyDelete